How much is too much when dealing with merchants?

rennjidk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not going to name specific merchants, as this isn't merchant feedback.

We've all been there. The seller describes a large colony, and you get sent a 1/2" frag, or maybe the "ultra mega ice cream sunday morph" was heavily photoshopped, and now you have a dark green stick.

I recently paid a premium price for a BTA morph, described as being 2". Wouldn't you know, the pencil eraser sized nem showed up, and the seller told me that my 20g tank was "too small" for it to inflate to the full 2 inches.

I filed a dispute for the transaction. I feel pretty confident in that decision. Shipments get delayed, and stuff happens, but at what point do you draw the line with online vendors?

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I draw it when what I get is not even close to what I was sold.

If you buy 2” bta and after it’s adjusted it’s 1.5” yea no problem. If it’s .5” we got a problem

If I buy a coral for its color and it comes in pale, ok. It’s stressed from shipping and needs time. That’s normal. If it comes in and i give time to adjust and it’s clearly a photoshopped pic to the point it’s not even close. We have a problem.

Use PayPal and document things. Get in the habit of taking Screenshots from websites or eBay upon purchase in case they take down the pics and you need to prove what you bought

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 35.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 31.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back