How much KH do you dose throughout the day?

SouL_Shaker

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 2, 2015
Messages
243
Reaction score
32
Location
istanbul
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 200 gallon set up. I dose around 60-85 ml everyday. Is it normal ?

How much do you dose per day ?
 
KH is alkalinity in most tests DKH
I dose 2.5 Ml hr of a 2:1 mix of triton elementz #1
 
First off, KH is Karbonathärte, and it's German....meaning carbonate hardness.....a measurement of alkalinity. It might be listed as dKH....degrees or carbonate hardness.....and you'll want it between 7 and 11 or so....some like it higher.

As far as the OP's question, it sounds a touch low, but that's all determined by the amount of hard corals you have, the frequency of water changes and the volume of these changes. Just go by what you consume and pick a number you wish to maintain and keep it at that. I believe what's important is consistance.
 
First off, KH is Karbonathärte, and it's German....meaning carbonate hardness.....a measurement of alkalinity. It might be listed as dKH....degrees or carbonate hardness.....and you'll want it between 7 and 11 or so....some like it higher.

As far as the OP's question, it sounds a touch low, but that's all determined by the amount of hard corals you have, the frequency of water changes and the volume of these changes. Just go by what you consume and pick a number you wish to maintain and keep it at that. I believe what's important is consistance.
Calcium doesn't decrease very much. But KH and MG decrease very much. I change 200 liters every 20 days with red sea coral pro salt. I was dosing 65 ml per day. I bought a plate coral today. KH was around 7.7 . When I tested it decreased to 6.6 after adding plate coral. I increased dosing amount by 20 ml immediately. Am I right?
 
First off, KH is Karbonathärte, and it's German....meaning carbonate hardness.....a measurement of alkalinity. It might be listed as dKH....degrees or carbonate hardness.....and you'll want it between 7 and 11 or so....some like it higher.

As far as the OP's question, it sounds a touch low, but that's all determined by the amount of hard corals you have, the frequency of water changes and the volume of these changes. Just go by what you consume and pick a number you wish to maintain and keep it at that. I believe what's important is consistance.
ead942963f6fad0382bbcc7ad39c0192.jpg


And this is my plate coral's photo
 
So you're just starting with hard corals, so the numbers you originally posted are very reasonable. Continue testing and increase dosing accordingly.
 
That's not bleaching in the center of your plate is it?
 
90gallon display/55gallon sump, mixed corals. I only have to dose 30-40ml/day of 2part. the tank uses roughly .3-.4dKH per day.. Usually i dose it every other day due to my work schedule.
 
I have an SPS dominate 65g tank, with a 20g sump, and 20 gallon frag tank (105 total gallons) all plumbed together. I do a 15g water change every two weeks with reef crystals. I still only have to dose 15ml of KH per day. I'm a little suprised to hear some of the other folks having to dose so much and my tank is stocked packed full of stony coral.
 
I have an SPS dominate 65g tank, with a 20g sump, and 20 gallon frag tank (105 total gallons) all plumbed together. I do a 15g water change every two weeks with reef crystals. I still only have to dose 15ml of KH per day. I'm a little suprised to hear some of the other folks having to dose so much and my tank is stocked packed full of stony coral.
I have 200 gallon. They drink KH like a water.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new