How much MicroBacter7 to help combat Dinos

Hello

One question: if I dose microbacter and I run also UV sterilizer, do I need to turn off UV a lot of hours?
 
All-
I've been in the hobby 20 yrs. Got dino for first time after dosing Vibrant. It has overrun my tank. SPS are dying. Misery has set in. I've read the mongo "battling dinos" thread on R2R and I feel like everything conflicts. You need Nitrate, so add nitrate. You need to dose MB7 to remove Nitrate. etc. Everything is conflicting.

it's exactly the opposite
you don't dose MB7 to lower nitrates that you dosed, you dose nitrates to keep the MB7 bacterial populatin grow without dosing carbon that is also food for dinos
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new