How much time do you spend on your tank each week?

ZoaFan08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spend 1-2 minutes each day running the magfloat over the front glass while I inspect the tank but besides that every other week I do a 20% waterchange. I would say I spend around 45 minutes a week on the tank since my tank is established.

Last edited:

roshi719

Official fish poo remover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I probably spend 30 minutes to an hour each day in my tank. whether it be cleaning the glass dosing supplements, fragging corals, spot feeding or what-not. Plus I try to do a 20% water change every week.

OP
OP
Z

ZoaFan08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could I ask what you guys are doing that takes 30+ minutes a day? I couldn't spend 30 minutes a day on my tank if I tried. I dose which takes less than a minute, look over tank and equipment which takes a few minutes, and every few days switch out sock which takes less than a minute.

roshi719

Official fish poo remover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of what you said combined with a little drooling and staring. It is my quiet time to myself everyday, so I tend to stretch it out a little.

OP
OP
Z

ZoaFan08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of what you said combined with a little drooling and staring. It is my quiet time to myself everyday, so I tend to stretch it out a little.

Well I don't count the drooling time :). I spend upwards of an hour just staring at my tank since its in my living room.

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could I ask what you guys are doing that takes 30+ minutes a day? I couldn't spend 30 minutes a day on my tank if I tried. I dose which takes less than a minute, look over tank and equipment which takes a few minutes, and every few days switch out sock which takes less than a minute.

Mine is spent dosing, cleaning glass, feeding, blowing sand off the coral that my goby drops it on, replacing/rinsing sock, emptying/cleaning skimmer cup...etc and watching. Now I don't do all of the above every day. I clean the glass every 4 days and the skimmer cup every 4 days or so, the filter sock every 2 to 3 days.

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea since i work from home LOL probably about 2-3 hours a day on my various tank and tank related stuff im obsessed

scrapz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i work 9-6. feed & dose which takes 10 mins. then have a smoke, relax and stare at my tank for the next hour or so. as women say, its ME time.

firsttime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say a good 1.5 hrs, I check my corals for health and growth, it gives me great satisfaction. I have my morning tea and evening tea in front of it. of that 1.5 hrs, I would say 10-15 min goes into cleaning and doing stuff around

smallreefdave

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20 -30 minutes a day + weekly maintenance of about 1 - 2 hours on a weekend. This is for a 180 and 72 (shared sump). Daily includes checking temp and ph (probes too), and inhabitants of health, cleaning front glass every other day, mixing kalk water for top off and putting into Kent Aquadoser since there is not auto top off (4 gallons per day evaporation), feeding the fish (and watching them eat). Every 3rd day or so, this includes shutting down the circulation and spot feeding various corals. Filter socks get changed about every 3 days.

Weekly/Bi-weekly includes washing dirty filter socks, cleaning skimmer and aquadoser, cleaning powerheads as needed, changing carbon in reactor if needed, cleaning of lighting fans, mixing new salt water (60 gallon change every 2 weeks, more if needed).

gparr

Waterbox Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I average about 30 min./day. Most days, less than 5 min. dosing and topping off both tanks. Some days a couple of hours doing water changes, cleaning pumps, etc. Averages out to about 30 min.
Gary

roscoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well according to my lovely other half. I spend too much time looking at my tank. If you are talking maintenace wise. I spend a few minutes a day to inspect everything is doing its job. Now me admirieing my tank that can be hours on end a day LOL. This is on a right now 330g system soon to be 450+ once everything is hooked up.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 58 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 64 54.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • None.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.7%
Back