How offten you change your water?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jrod0505
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jrod0505

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2014
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Location
philadelphia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't changed my water in 2 months.. and water test still come back great!!
 

Attachments

  • uploadfromtaptalk1398205320705.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398205320705.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 210
Little worried about you Nitrate. I have the same test kit and i have to shake the crap out of the Nitrate one to get it to read if not I get the same reading as you. What do you have in your tank. I change 5 gallons once a week
 
I also take it to my local Aquarium shop that deals with saltwater and same results. . I have 6 fish, rose bubble tip anemone. My tank is a 55 gallon and I have a 30 gallon refugium below with micro alge.
 
I also take it to my local Aquarium shop that deals with saltwater and same results. . I have 6 fish, rose bubble tip anemone. My tank is a 55 gallon and I have a 30 gallon refugium below with micro alge.

I'm pretty well stocked in my 50 cube but my nitrates are always about 20ppm
 
I Vodka Dose, I only change water for the Trace Elements. Every couple of months or so. My Nitrates are always under 5.
 
I serviced tanks for a LFS. WCs have more benefit than only keeping your parameters within boundaries. It replaces elements and trace minerals. It exports more than just nutrients. IMHO there are no short cuts regarding WCs for long term health of aquarium inhabitants.
 
I completely agreewith vlangel......it replace all your minerals and elements....it is imperative to do water changes regardless of water changes
 
I do two seperate 15-20 gal waterchanges on my 180 twice a week and I try to stay lightly stocked.

There is a number of factors that play into water changes, I would do them frequent regardless though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new