How often do you see your pistol shrimp?

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, he seems to love the frozen food. He came out tonight for dinner and was quite bold! The clown paid no attention to him at all so that’s good. And pardon the dirty tank. Still in the ugly stages after 4.5 months.

F6BF4DF1-2821-49AA-BEC7-AABCCE517160.jpeg
My Hi Fin loves frozen food!! What's the oyster/clam inhabitant in the upper left?

OP
OP
hllb

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, Now that you mentioned what it is I can visualize it. I thought it was a mini oyster and wanted one. Haha
Check out these:

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out these:

Thanks so much! I've seen the limpets before (on here) but not the venus clams. Very cool! I'm on the hunt for them now! :)

Jonas Bergkvist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a Randalli and striped goby to my aquarium more than two months ago, and i havent seen them since.

I do have at least two other pistol shrimp that i see once a month. I mean i see their antennas and that is all. It’s funny, because this piece of live rock they came in i put on top of my rocks. I didn’t know they where in there. They now live happilly around 50 cm from sandbed, and won’t come down :)

A couple of days ago i was in that area killing Vermitide snails and the pistol shrimp got mad. He snapped at me like crazy

I think my Randalli died early on. After acclimation he just lied there close to a rock, and the morning after he was gone. The Goby? I have no clue.

Warpigdave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i used to see mine daily with my yellow watchman. But they don’t hang out together anymore and I see mine maybe once a week now. I tried reintroducing them they just don’t hang out.

oneasianguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See them all the time. Each time with a new tunnel and taking the coral from my sandbed and move them around.

KMCA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see mine every day. He's always out on his quest to move all the sand from one side of the tank to the other. During water changes I have to relocate half of it and that just has him out an hour later digging trenches again.

HeyLookItsCaps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every day with his watch(dog)man covering for him. Constantly covering my zoa garden with sand, flipping over plugs, pulling plates and snails/hermits into his burrow, and generally making life hell.

I’ve had him (dozer) for over 8 years though, so I deal with it. little b*****d.

Alfhari

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep a pair of A. randalli together with a pair of S. yasha.
The male comes out pretty much every evening, together with the gobies. The only time I don't see him regularly is when he molts.
The female on the other hand stays exclusively in their burrow. I saw her precisely once when I introduced the four of them to my tank about a year ago. The only way I know she is still alive is by observing larvae at night from their occasional spawning.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 99 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.9%
Back