How often to feed a mantis (G. smithii)

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 29, 2017
Messages
1,899
Reaction score
4,014
Location
San Antonio, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious what the recommended feeding routine is for a G. smithii mantis? Currently I'm feeding a piece of clam or krill two times per week. I've read that they will potentially bury excess food and I'm not too keen on that occurring in my 10 gallon nano.

I'd appreciate hearing about what others do for feeding small mantis species. Thanks in advance!

7mgTriJl.jpg
 
I have a smithii and feed him 1/2 of a clam on a half shell or 2-3 glass shrimp every other day.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new