How quickly can water flow through newly solvent welded PVC

  • Thread starter Thread starter Feet4Fish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Feet4Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2015
Messages
2,133
Reaction score
2,689
Location
Lynn, Indiana
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I could look around a find this answer, but imagine someone will shout it quickly. Want to freshwater test my system and won’t have another chance until next weekend. Redid a small potion (3 welds) around noon today. When can I run water?
 
Personally I like 5+ hrs, but I have remedied a few emergencies sith water flowing in 1.5hrs

Rain or shine (blue stuff) will be water ready in less than an hour and will be effective on wet PVC
 
Ive used pipe after 2 minutes. No problems. The grey cement instatly hardens when saltwater hits it for some reason. I would however wait until you cant smell anything coming off.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new