How safe are BRS reactors?

djryan2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking at this
And am slightly concerned about the chance of something happening and emptying my tank on my floor. Is this likely?

DocRose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking at this
And am slightly concerned about the chance of something happening and emptying my tank on my floor. Is this likely?
No. Just make sure the housings are completely screwed on and that your intake and outlet hoses are secure.

agame2021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The guy I bought my tank from gave me one. Idk how to use it but he said he never had any problems. He told me you also don’t need one until after your first year… idk that is just what his opinion was and he had been reefing for 20+ years

DocRose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The guy I bought my tank from gave me one. Idk how to use it but he said he never had any problems. He told me you also don’t need one until after your first year… idk that is just what his opinion was and he had been reefing for 20+ years
There’s really nothing to it. Open the canister, add media (GFO and/or carbon), secure with pads, insert into housing, screw on housing, mount reactor, place pump into water and return hose, plug in. Change media once a week.

I wouldn’t say “you don’t need one until after the first year”. Depending on what’s in the tank you might not ever need GFO. As for carbon you can run that from day one as its main purpose is water clarity.

agame2021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s really nothing to it. Open the canister, add media (GFO and/or carbon), secure with pads, insert into housing, screw on housing, mount reactor, place pump into water and return hose, plug in. Change media once a week.

I wouldn’t say “you don’t need one until after the first year”. Depending on what’s in the tank you might not ever need GFO. As for carbon you can run that from day one as its main purpose is water clarity.
Awesome didn’t know it was that easy!
Well honestly I have 4 BTA’s, a foxface rabbitfish(4-5inch) and a purple fire fish goby. I am waiting on my clowns to come in(this company is taking forever lol it’s almost been a month.) but that will be all for a while. My DT is 150 gallon + a 30 gallon sump. So super low bio load.
water has been super clear! So I don’t really think I need it.
What do you think?

image.jpg

DocRose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome didn’t know it was that easy!
Well honestly I have 4 BTA’s, a foxface rabbitfish(4-5inch) and a purple fire fish goby. I am waiting on my clowns to come in(this company is taking forever lol it’s almost been a month.) but that will be all for a while. My DT is 150 gallon + a 30 gallon sump. So super low bio load.
water has been super clear! So I don’t really think I need it.
What do you think?

image.jpg
Yeah if you don’t need it then don’t bother. The GFO is only if your phosphates get out of control. So as long as that’s under control and your water is clear, no need.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back