How Sensitive are aussie Elegance Corals

Dloc1183

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think Elegance Corals are Torches are they? May be in a similar class? I've never thought them the same but may be wrong. I noticed it opened up more yesterday than it was the day before. So, might be doing better not sure. I target fed it yesterday for the first time in two weeks and it seemed to eat really well. I'll keep on top of feeding it twice a week to see if that perks it up. I just am wanting to be proactive due to losing one a couple years ago.

As far as parameters I'm working on ph, it's gone from 7.6 to 7.9 with cleaning my skimmer pump and skimmer thoroughly and putting in a CO2 scrubber on my skimmer intake. I noticed the ph when I changed my ph probe and calibrated it. PH went what I thought was 8.1 to 7.6 with the new probe at night and would maybe hit 7.75 during the day. With the cleaned skimmer and CO2 scrubber, the low is now 7.8 and the high is 7.9. All things for the best, but maybe just changes in general causing it to question it's home... I feel that way some days too! Lol
What are you feeding it?

OP
OP
Treefer32

Treefer32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you feeding it?
my home made frozen food - ground shrimp, tuna, and scallops from costco (All kept frozen and raw during the grinding process).

Mixed with selcon, amino acids, calinorus, and ground phytoplankton powder, some flake food, nori, all mixed together. My fish love it and have lived on it for 3+ years. Corals don't seem to mind it either.

Dloc1183

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my home made frozen food - ground shrimp, tuna, and scallops from costco (All kept frozen and raw during the grinding process).

Mixed with selcon, amino acids, calinorus, and ground phytoplankton powder, some flake food, nori, all mixed together. My fish love it and have lived on it for 3+ years. Corals don't seem to mind it either.
So I have a pretty massive Elagance coral and a small one, both I feed with whole krill shrimp and they thrive on it! What ever I put in for my fish floats around and they feed on that as well. My large one closes up quite a bit but opens up periodically.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back