how should i design the refugium area in my sump ?

David Cher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am designing a new sump but worried of the light spill into skimmer and reactor , need some advice

sump top view.png

Funston07

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would swap the skimmer and refugium area if your water is flowing left to right. I put my fuge next to the return area so my pod population only have to make it through the return pump instead of any other possible pump areas. Plus it would give ya some distance for light spill to your reactors.

OP
OP
D

David Cher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would swap the skimmer and refugium area if your water is flowing left to right. I put my fuge next to the return area so my pod population only have to make it through the return pump instead of any other possible pump areas. Plus it would give ya some distance for light spill to your reactors.

Any idea how to limit the light spill ???

Funston07

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just realized it says black glass and it says clarisea on the right side so you got it flowing correctly as far as chambers. If possible only thing I would do is use black glass/acrylic to seperate the skimmer and fuge area. Here is a pic of what my sump looks like from the manufacturer I got parts for it at, its identical to this. Mine is in such a tight area I gotta slide it out to put equipment in it because of how I made the stand. First section is for my skimmer, middle is my fuge, and then all the way to the right is my return section. The black panels seperating chambers makes a world of difference for light spill

Screenshot_20200921-144831_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 16.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 63 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.1%
Back