How smart is the 2.1 doser?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Entz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If one were to purchase the Doser 2.1 SA (master) as it has a couple of PAB connectors could it control other things outside of the KHG/ION/Slave dosers? Like say a power bar or lights (Mitras-LX) or the expansion box.

I am thinking no, but figured I would ask.

Last edited:

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think it can, but not 100% sure on what all is possible? I know it has temp, and level sensor ports (which I'm sure you know).

Let's see if @Marco@GHLUSA or @Vinny@GHLUSA can give us a full technical breakdown?

@Ditto may know the exact limitations as well. The 2.1 doser brain is definitely not the same or as powerful as the profilux, but I'm not certain the full list of what they have implemented on it?

OP
OP
Entz

Entz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s not totally true as you can connect it to the khd for Standalone use. So that info is somewhat out dated.

Anyways I am sure you are quite right, look at the cost of the expansion box you might as well get a full p4 :p

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s not totally true as you can connect it to the khd for Standalone use. So that info is somewhat out dated.

Anyways I am sure you are quite right, look at the cost of the expansion box you might as well get a full p4 :p
Of course, you are right , forgot KHD and IOD i edited.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a Master doser could be connected to a KHD and even another slave doser so adding the ION to it in the future I think will be possible.

As for an expansion box on a master doser alas no it not supported it not designed to be a controller.

I did try this when I first set everything up I tried to connect it to a stand alone maxi in my basement alas did not work.

OP
OP
Entz

Entz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a Master doser could be connected to a KHD and even another slave doser so adding the ION to it in the future I think will be possible.

As for an expansion box on a master doser alas no it not supported it not designed to be a controller.

I did try this when I first set everything up I tried to connect it to a stand alone maxi in my basement alas did not work.
Thanks !

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back