How smart is the 2.1 doser?

Discussion in 'GHL Advanced Technology' started by Entz, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Entz

Entz Active Member R2R Supporter

If one were to purchase the Doser 2.1 SA (master) as it has a couple of PAB connectors could it control other things outside of the KHG/ION/Slave dosers? Like say a power bar or lights (Mitras-LX) or the expansion box.

I am thinking no, but figured I would ask.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019

2. WWIII

WWIII Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor LMAS Member

I don't think it can, but not 100% sure on what all is possible? I know it has temp, and level sensor ports (which I'm sure you know).

Let's see if @Marco@GHLUSA or @Vinny@GHLUSA can give us a full technical breakdown?

@Ditto may know the exact limitations as well. The 2.1 doser brain is definitely not the same or as powerful as the profilux, but I'm not certain the full list of what they have implemented on it?

Entz likes this.
  3. Gaël

Gaël Member

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  4. Entz

That’s not totally true as you can connect it to the khd for Standalone use. So that info is somewhat out dated.

Anyways I am sure you are quite right, look at the cost of the expansion box you might as well get a full p4 :p

5. Gaël

Gaël Member

Of course, you are right , forgot KHD and IOD i edited.

6. Ditto

Ditto Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 Build Thread Contributor Controller Advisor Hospitality Award

a Master doser could be connected to a KHD and even another slave doser so adding the ION to it in the future I think will be possible.

As for an expansion box on a master doser alas no it not supported it not designed to be a controller.

I did try this when I first set everything up I tried to connect it to a stand alone maxi in my basement alas did not work.

Entz and WWIII like this.
  7. WWIII

WWIII Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor LMAS Member

at least we won't need a 2020 Profilux to run ion director. :eek: :D

Bigboned, Kyl, Entz and 2 others like this.
  8. Entz

Thanks !

Draft saved Draft deleted