How strong is a MP40?

Starblenny

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 26, 2011
Messages
329
Reaction score
75
Location
Socal
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a tank that has a 1/2" thick acrylic (24"L x 16"W x 10"H AIO but the DT size is 24"L x 11.5"W). I have a mp10 that works with it but lately it's been slipping off the acrylic every time I set it at 40%+ and worried that long term, I might have to replace the mp10 every year or so because of the thickness of the acrylic. I was wondering that I should replace it with an mp40 and set it to like 30% strength buuuut I'm assuming that might be overkill..... right?
 
Just wondering. You didn't use the spacer that comes with the MP-10 did you? If you did, don't. My glass is 1/2" and mine sticks good.
 
Max thickness for MP10 is .375",
I am using a MP40 on my 24x24x12 and its a but much even at the lowest setting. Lol!
MP20 would be perfect, I almost bought one the other day but the guy flaked..
 
Last edited:
Just wondering. You didn't use the spacer that comes with the MP-10 did you? If you did, don't. My glass is 1/2" and mine sticks good.

Nope, I noticed it started to not stick as much and started to make a odd sound grinding sound the last couple of days.

Max thickness for MP10 is .375",
I am using a MP40 on my 24x24x12 and its a but much even at the lowest setting. Lol!
MP20 would be perfect, I almost bought one the other day but the guy flaked..

24x24x12 sounds like a dream dimension to me, plus it's already bigger than my tank lol so it sounds like it's a tad too powerful. MP20s are hard to find and I wanted one but I couldn't find one. Shoulda gotten the MP40 and figure out how to make a MP40 shield...
 
Nope, I noticed it started to not stick as much and started to make a odd sound grinding sound the last couple of days.



24x24x12 sounds like a dream dimension to me, plus it's already bigger than my tank lol so it sounds like it's a tad too powerful. MP20s are hard to find and I wanted one but I couldn't find one. Shoulda gotten the MP40 and figure out how to make a MP40 shield...


OOps.. I messed up. My glass is .375 thick. (3/8")
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new