how to add an additional energy bar

Chris Kelly

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2015
Messages
67
Reaction score
21
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the new apex. Im thinking of buying an additional energy bar. Can I connect and power the new bar with only a 1 link cable?
 
Yeah, just run an AquaBus cable between the two and good to go :)
 
No, what are you people saying?

Any new Energy Bar, whether EB832 or the older EB8 or EB4 (you can mix and match) has to be plugged into a power outlet, surge suppressor, or UPS. You cannot power an Energy Bar with 1Link. And although you can do it, it is not advisable to plug an Energy Bar into another Energy Bar.

The Aquabus connection is also needed between your new Energy Bar and any other Apex component, but that is for communication and not power.
 
thanks, answered my question!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new