How to add Ph Probe to Hydros "Start" Controller?

Sniklefritz

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 18, 2025
Messages
67
Reaction score
34
Location
SoCal
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just setup my hydros Start controller, I purchased a PH probe but just realized the "start" controller doesnt have an input for a PH probe.

How would I go about adding one? Is there an adapter? Or do I need to purchase another module?
start.jpg
 
Looks like it needs addition module.
 
Last edited:
Just setup my hydros Start controller, I purchased a PH probe but just realized the "start" controller doesnt have an input for a PH probe.

How would I go about adding one? Is there an adapter? Or do I need to purchase another module?
start.jpg

Unfortunately the PH probe uses a probe port and there is no adapter. For the Sense ports you can set up an Auto Water change with two sensors, Temp Sensor, Water level sensors, etc. If you want to check salinity you also need a specific port on some models, not just any probe port as well. There are a lot of options with just the start.
 
Looks like it needs addition module.
Yea, you're probably right, but was hoping there's some sort of work-around before I go buying a whole nother module just to get a ph port.
 
Unfortunately the PH probe uses a probe port and there is no adapter. For the Sense ports you can set up an Auto Water change with two sensors, Temp Sensor, Water level sensors, etc. If you want to check salinity you also need a specific port on some models, not just any probe port as well. There are a lot of options with just the start.

Ok thats what I was afraid of, its for a nano tank ill be doing weekly water changes and keeping "easy to keep" corals, constant ph monitoring isnt at the top of my priorities. Guess if I change my mind down the road ill pick up another module with a Ph port.
 
Ok thats what I was afraid of, its for a nano tank ill be doing weekly water changes and keeping easy to keep corals, constant ph monitoring isnt at the top of my priorities. Guess if I change my mind down the road ill pick up another module with a Ph port.

Honestly, you could definitely set up an automatic water change system pretty easily with that. That is a life saver and keeps parameters very very stable. Even in a small tank I would highly recommend it.
 
Honestly, you could definitely set up an automatic water change system pretty easily with that. That is a life saver and keeps parameters very very stable. Even in a small tank I would highly recommend it.
Ok yea ill look more into it, thanks for the advice!!
 
You’ll have to add a hydros x3 control plus a command bus cable and 2 command bus terminators to add a probe functionality to a start.
 
Just setup my hydros Start controller, I purchased a PH probe but just realized the "start" controller doesnt have an input for a PH probe.

How would I go about adding one? Is there an adapter? Or do I need to purchase another module?
start.jpg
you are going to need an Launch or X4
 
Anyone know when the hydros macen goes on the market , would definitly want to pick that one up , that and the hydros launch i think would be the only two i would nees in my setup
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new