How to best ship fish

Dick Perrin

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 31, 2009
Messages
13
Reaction score
16
Location
Romulus, Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I unpacked a Florida shipment this morning and the tall bags were 1/2 to 3/4 full of water, balance oxy. Fish were moderately stressed, 1 dead, and as an overnight Fedex shipment, very expensive. I seem to recall a Daniel Knop article in Coral, advising the reverse, but can't recall which, or even if it was in Coral. If the article can be found, I'll send a copy to my shipper. Any thoughts appreciated.
 
Most good shippers discourage shipping during this time of year because of the temperatures the animals are exposed to during the journey. I just got a neotherm heater shipped to me today and it was hot to the touch when I opened the box.... it was over 100F in virginia beach today.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new