How to clean your apex probes.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greg61
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Greg61

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 23, 2017
Messages
49
Reaction score
56
Location
Jackson Mississippi
What state or country do you live in
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,
I have let my probes get some build up on them and some coraline algae. How do I clean the orp, ph, and salinity probes without damaging them?
 
I’ve soaked mine in a cup of water with some vinegar in it and that seemed to work well. When I was done, I rinsed them in a cup of RODI water.
 
I was thinking that might work but just wanted some confirmation that it wouldn't destroy the probe. Thanks for the help.
 
I did the same thing and then calibrated them
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new