How to frag a lobo?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Steve1500
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Steve1500

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 21, 2017
Messages
492
Reaction score
203
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Merry Christmas!

I have a couple of lobo colonies with multiple heads and I am thinking about fragging them with a wet bandsaw. Smallest colony is about 4 inches across.

I have searched for a video on lobo fragging, but i cannot find one...anybody know of a lobo fragging video?

If not, do I just cut around the individual colony bodies.....is it that simple?
 
I think that’s all you have to do, just cut around the mouths
 
If the lobo has heads that have completely separated from each other, just cut the skeleton on the bottom and detach the head just as you would a branching euphyllia. The coral will never even know anything happened. I have personally never cut through flesh on a Lobo but i've seen people just cut it into pieces with mixed results. It's definitely more risky if you're having to cut flesh.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new