How to frag chalices

  • Thread starter Thread starter reesed5
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

reesed5

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 30, 2015
Messages
91
Reaction score
16
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anybody know how to frag chalices? Any info would be awesome.
 
Dimond blade wet saw is the only way I'd do it.
 
In my opion I see how the piece is growing and that's how I determine how to frag it I've used razor blades bone cutter and wet band saw my favorite is if I can just break it off
 
I have fragged chalices a couple different ways and all were extremely successful. In the grand scheme of things, I believe using a coral saw seems the most "humane" way. I like to grow my chalices on dead monti cap because it is the easiest to frag using all scenarios I have used. First would be using a razor blade to score the flesh and then use "nippers" to break the rock/frag plug/monti cap underneath the coral. If the chalice has grown off the rock/frag/monti cap then I have been successful in breaking of a piece using my hands/nippers/coral saw. Those two options do not give you the ability to remove any specific areas and are generally prone to break where you least prefer. :) My favorite method is to use my saw. Another advantage to growing my chalices across dead monti cap is this is easier on the saw blade than chewing through rock.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new