How to frag from rock?

Warpigdave

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 22, 2020
Messages
170
Reaction score
54
Location
US
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My plan is to buy corals I like grow them out and frag some.

I have some zoas and other LPS (cyphastrea) that I glued directly to live rock, because plugs are a bit unsightly. But how would I go about fragging the corals off of the rock. I know it probably depends on the coral, but in general. Is there a good way to cut liverock? Maybe a dremmel?

Or is there a better way to place the frags on the rock for future frags? I was thinking just placing egg crates pieces on the rock. I know I said the plugs or discs are a bit unsightly and this maybe even more so, but it may be a lot easier to frag off of.
 
Last edited:
I'm curious about this too. Is there some tool we can use under water, may like a thin saw that we can use to slice the rock?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new