How to frag Sypodium???

shakenbake

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 4, 2009
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
Location
port st lucie FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have a fragging tecnique for Sypodium? I'm afraid to start cutting on it without knowing what i'm getting mysself into.
 
What's it growing on? Mine is on a smooth slate like piece of rock, so I cam just use a razor blade.
 
That's a good question, shakenbake. I've recently aquired a nice little bit of blue sympodium, and had the exact same question. My plan is to use a scalpel to cut the mat, and then just super-glue the frag to a piece of rubble. I hear that sympodium is pretty hearty stuff, so it hopefully shouldn't be too difficult
 
I've got it growing on a flat disc and I figered that best way would be to cut it with a scapel [really the only way].So it's a pretty hearty hen it comes to fragging?
 
I cut mine up with a band saw healed up within a couple of days all the frags opened within hrs after being cut
 
Hi guys,I just purchased a nice size rock of sypodium yesterday.Its polyps are green with Vibrant blue centers.Very cool looking softie.Ill post pics when I get a hold of my camera.Anyone have pics of theirs they can post? Ive seen different variations of this coral.The pure cobalt blue is awesome.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new