How to get a gsp to spread?

peterthegamer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 10, 2012
Messages
411
Reaction score
36
Location
NJ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I decided I wanted my gsp to expand and move more. I have glued it too the wall for now almost 3 months, but no signs of growth have occured. I know the risks i'm taking.
 
I pace a small bit on my overflow....needless to say when it takes off you will regret it..be careful what you wish for....
 
Dirty Martini Dirty. Filthy water you wouldn't even consider dropping a cheap bird's nest into if you wanted it to grow.
My GSP is spreading across the back wall at around 1 - 3 inches per month. Nitrate spikes around 60 - 90. Big fat fish live in that tank. :)

In my experience, gsp likes dirty water.
 
Agreed: dirty water and flow.


"Live like tomorrow already happened. Yesterday is only 3 days ahead. Today will be here soon."
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.4%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 27.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 32.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new