How to get best shipping prices??? please help

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey everyone! so im going to start shipping orders soon so I went around and got quotes today at my local UPS and FEDEX stores. both quoted $80-90! I imagine most people won't pay that much in shipping, so is there any way to get better prices? i'm in a pretty rural area, does it get cheaper towards large towns? or are they all the same price? advice would be appreciated! thanks!

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will get slightly better rates when you have an account with either shipper. The best prices are for big volume shippers. They pay a small fraction of what the average shipper does. If possible combine with another business to get better rates. Find out who locally sends out a full container every day. Their pick up time will be late in the day which can be a plus as well. Overnight shipments are usually picked up separately if the ship a lot that way.

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
hey everyone! so im going to start shipping orders soon so I went around and got quotes today at my local UPS and FEDEX stores. both quoted $80-90! I imagine most people won't pay that much in shipping, so is there any way to get better prices? i'm in a pretty rural area, does it get cheaper towards large towns? or are they all the same price? advice would be appreciated! thanks!

I have the same question. Will be good to hear some suggestions.

Back