How to get flow right..

jitgobbler

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 2, 2026
Messages
17
Reaction score
6
Location
virginia
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do I get flow to be right, I can’t tell if high or low amounts are good because i see frag tanks with essentially no flow and corals look great and then some reef tanks have super high movement and some have very little too…I feel like in mine I try both and still struggle with my euphylia and other corals what do I do to get it right??? I have two wave makers on sine mode pointed towards front glass diagonal shooting from both back corners in my 20 gallon.
 
First, two wave makers in a 20G tank is A LOT. Would you post a video of your tank with emphases on water/air interface at the surface.
 
In general if you add two pumps and they are intended for this kind of tank and this size of tank, you should be more or less set. Don't aim the pumps at your corals – aim them into the open areas of the tank. Running both at once isn't quite as good as running them in an alternating fashion where one runs at a time.

After this, IMO, look at nutrients and other issues if your corals still aren't happy.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new