How to kill it off thanks

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aiptasia x seems to make them spread more than kill them. It will wipe out the ones that are there but it also makes them release larvae that grows more. Aiptasia x is good for a spot treatment or too wipe out an infestation but if left alone the Aiptasia will come back x 100.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

candcreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take some Kali powder, mix it with some rodi water...use a syringe and inject into the mouth of the aptasia...also works on majanos!!! And it's way cheaper than aptasia x (which is what aptasia x is made of :wink:)....if you go the peppermint shrimp way, make sure they are true peppermint shrimp.

MimicOcto8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Berghia nudibranch is the only and best way.

I get them from Patrick at
Berghiabreeder.com

Zoacoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peppermint shrimp, I used 3 of them ina 36 x 24 x 20 tank with about 30 aptasias, and they were wiped out in 3 days. I bought mine from Liveaquaria

Dtech07

SPS LOVER!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peppermint Shrimp are the easiest IMO to solve this issue. Ensure your not feeding them in no way and theyll do the the job for you. one it seems that the Aiptasia are gone DONT REMOVE THE SHRIMP!!! theres alway a few little guys growing and the PS will pick them off also. I took mine out after 8 months and havent seen a Aiptasia since.

WillKatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peppermints have always worked best for me on my 30G and I feed allot. Feeding may slow them down on the hunt but every time they get em eventually. My buddy has a chelmon marginalis copperband that keeps his sps dominated tank completely aiptasia free. This is the way Im going with my larger tank.

tj51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
peppermint shrimp are good, however if the aiptasia is already growing, they shy away from them (I've noticed that when they approach a stalk and it moves, they jump back). I have a copper-banded butterfly and he just dares some to grow. He is consistently hovering the tank and their eyes can see things we don't, such as the early stages of aiptasia. I'm also lucky in that he loves mysis shrimp and even though normally he will shy away from the tangs, during feeding time, he gets right in there and mixes it up with them

ifarmer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i can tell you right now that Aptaisia medicine do not work. I only have just a few aptaisia in my 40g tank but every time I try to kill one, I see new ones pop up in the next few days. Looks like the one that we shoot the AptaisiaX stuff will die but it release the stuff that will grow again.
So what I was able to do to get rid of them was, I took the rocks that have the aptaisia out and put them in a separate container or bucket and shoot them with the AptaisiaX stuffs. let them sit still for 15 minutes. Rinse the rocks with tank water and put the rock back into the tank. Do this when you do the water change so you have the water to nuke the rocks and to rinse the rocks afterward

Last edited:

GHill762

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shove'm in a hole and superglue them in.

Unless they are too big for that of course.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Reef2Reef Aquarium Forum mobile app

reeferdale

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[h=1]Klein's butterfly fish, best $25 I ever spent. I had a lot of aiptasia, tried to use joes juice aiptasia x, kalk, etc. I even started breeding nudis in an effort to get rid of them. I went to LFS to by a file fish to eat them (they wrk too). All they had was the Klein's and I did not think it woud work, but I bought it to try. Within 2 weeks, I could hardly find any aiptasia, and some of them were pretty big. There are still some in the tank, but with the fish in there now I know they will not get out of control again. So far no problem with him eating my zoas or any other corals[/h]

Eggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've also had success with a Kleins Butterly, as well as a few other people I know. I had to remove mine because it started liking LPS.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 52 34.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back