how to get rid of bristleworms

reefsofty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too don't like them they can cause problems I too would get rid of them if I could

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Arrow crab is your answer

stenorhynchus+seticornis.jpg
My Arrow Head crab came today, he's pretty small I think the worms might eat him.

reaper0268

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bristle worms are an important part of my eco system. They clean rocks and stir sand for uneaten food and detritus. They are absolutely beneficial to your system. Why get rid of them and the other important life you'll want from the rocks.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't been running the right return pump on my RSM250 due to heating issues. Today I turned it on by mistake...and the tank clouded up! "Oh, no!", I thought. "I've just emptied a stagnant chamber into the display!".

And then I saw that the water looked chunky. And then I saw the pieces. Bristleworm puree! It was a nice fat one too, bigger than pencil width. I think it was living in the return nozzle and got blasted apart when the return was turned on. Yum!

1009C34A-3BE2-4C0A-962E-F2E4DE4528AA.jpeg

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
. i’m starting up a new tank and don’t want to spend 100s on live rock. i was given about 30 lbs of rock from someone i met, but it’s absolutely infested with bristleworms. i’m setting the rock out to dry out and kill all the worms, is it a terrible idea to use this rock in my new tank? is there a way to make sure they’re all dead, like bleaching the rock or something?
21a438d2deec9e3898f6a30e0233e740.jpg
Put a piece of shrimp in panty hose. Morons get caught in it and can’t get out. Pull the hose and toss it in the trash.

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a question. If you grab a bristle worm, you get stuck with a number of bristles and can have a very painful reaction. How does a fish chew and swallow these things and not get bristles stuck in their mouth, throat, and stomach? The reaction I've seen on some people's fingers should be enough to kill a fish that gets stuck with enough bristles.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 34 18.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 124 66.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.2%

Back