How to harvest pods..?!

WillBowler

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
6
Reaction score
23
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
I have fish free 40 gal sps quarantine tank that is crawling with pods! So, my question is, how do I harvest these critters and stock them into my main display tank?
 
I use sponge filters with the sponge part removed and instead wrap them with bath mesh sponges. When I need some, I haul out the mesh, catch it in a net (for those that try to bail) and set it in another container of water.... I'll get a picture tomorrow, LOL, because that probably makes NO sense.
 
I use sponge filters with the sponge part removed and instead wrap them with bath mesh sponges. When I need some, I haul out the mesh, catch it in a net (for those that try to bail) and set it in another container of water.... I'll get a picture tomorrow, LOL, because that probably makes NO sense.

I would love to see a photo of your contraption, if you get a chance! Please and thank you.
 
THAT'S what I was supposed to do! Sorry about that! I was even in there staring at the tank.

Is it possible the throw a notification to myself, so I see it first thing in the morning? Gonna try @Lionfish Lair. Yes, I'm basically talking to myself.
 
OK... this is what the filter looks like with the sponge intact.

culture1.jpg



The holes of the sponge are a little too small for larger pods to reside. So, I remove the sponge and replace it mesh.

culture2.jpg



When I wanted to remove some pods, I'd just grab hold of the airline and pull it out and swish it in some water.

culture3.jpg
 
OK... this is what the filter looks like with the sponge intact.

culture1.jpg



The holes of the sponge are a little too small for larger pods to reside. So, I remove the sponge and replace it mesh.

culture2.jpg



When I wanted to remove some pods, I'd just grab hold of the airline and pull it out and swish it in some water.

culture3.jpg
Thank you! I will try that.
 
Cool!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new