how to make fishes, Start eating food !!

kamal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the biggest problem in my country is , new fishes don't start to eat any thing in the aquarium until they dying ...it might be your problem and its annoying :(
lets gather our experience here....to know how different types of fishes start to eat...
to save life of these beautiful creatures....
Thanks
images.jpg

OP
OP
kamal

kamal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so lets start :
how we can make clown surgeon fish to start eating?
mention type or brand of different foods

Harold Green

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last clown I purchased refused to eat for a week. I tried mysis that it was being fed at the lfs, lettuce, flake marine algae's, and anything else I could come up with. Nothing worked so I returned to the base recipe for homemade fish food. A small can of drained and rinsed spinach and a half dozen eggs thrown into a blender and pureed then jelled in a teflon skillet over low heat. A small bit of this in the tank and tang immediately began to eat and within a few days was eating anything I put into the tank. Good luck.

sdnd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Harold, interesting recipe...Where'd you get that from if you don't mind me asking? Just want to look up the details to the recipe.

I have always had clown tangs die on me over time becuz they refuse prepared food and onky eat anything that are on the glass or rocks only.

cu455

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live grass shrimp. If you live by the shore these sand crabs are great for most fish. My clowns will eat the small ones. Most of my fish love them.

Justiful

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried a flake food that has a secondary ingredient as dried yeast? Most marine foods don't have it, but Betta fish food does. This is what I got my royal gramma to eat after he rejected 2 marine flake brands(one with garlic) and frozen mysis/brine food.

The Bettamin by tetra is what I use for my betta fish, and for some reason it is the one food that the royal gramma really likes. Maybe he is used to something similar from the LFS.

ebushrow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nori algae sheets or fresh macro algae always seem to work...might take a couple of days but always works...adding some garlicX helps stimulate the feeding response too when using frozen foods

Harold Green

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Harold, interesting recipe...Where'd you get that from if you don't mind me asking? Just want to look up the details to the recipe.

I have always had clown tangs die on me over time becuz they refuse prepared food and onky eat anything that are on the glass or rocks only.
Actually the full recipe is from aquarium magazine over thirty years ago. It consists of a small rinsed can of spinach, a piece of liver, several white shrimp, half a carrot, a dozen eggs. After jelling over low heat spread it out on wax paper and freeze cutting it up into squares while soft frozen then freezing solid to keep. I've used it to feed marine fish, anemonies, inverts, fresh water fish. Raised a pacu up to eight pounds feeding nothing but the homemade fish food. It must taste pretty good as I've never had a healthy fish refuse it. At one time I had an eight foot long tank with the ten inch long pacu, a couple of dozen adult african cyclids, a hundred or more african fry all swimming together and people were amazed the pacu didn't eat them. I see fish stores trying to feed them feeder fish which isn't the natural diet of pacu's. It's vegetation and seeds and as long as he got enough spinach in his diet he didn't need to eat something unnatural. That's the problem with many marine fish, we're trying to feed them something other than what they would eat in nature.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 70 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.6%
Back