New Build

ebushrow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to go with a Pro-Clear set-up after seeing how sleek they were a RAP. Took 12 weeks of waiting, but finally arrived on Friday. Here is what I received... The tank is ~200 gallons dimensions are 80" long, 20" wide, and 36" tall. Not my ideal set of dimensions, but there were few choices available. The tank is Starfire glass......yes Glass.....3/4” thick (and HEAVY!!). It is set as a peninsula, however, I am not going to use it as such. I'll update with more photos as I get them.

IMG_0835.JPG

IMG_0837.JPG

Last edited:

Michael Montgomery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious... Why buy a tank with dimensions you dont like, and style (peninsula) that you didnt want??

OP
OP
ebushrow

ebushrow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious... Why buy a tank with dimensions you dont like, and style (peninsula) that you didnt want??
Since it took 3 months for it to get to me and it would probably take another 3 months to get the right size made, I thought of my current fish stuffed into 2 little tanks and had to think of them....I love the sleek look of the set-up, I just don't have a good place for a peninsula style tank (I really didnt know it was a peninsula style tank when I ordered it either - there is no literature whatsoever on it)....the only thing that it really affects is that it has the star fire glass on a side that faces the wall.....

Oberst Hajj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the depth of this aesthetically, but how hard is it to reach the bottom if you need to? Also, how come you placed the overflow side on the exposed end instead of having it up against the wall? I've never seen a peninsula style tank before, so I don't know what all is on that end of the tank.

OP
OP
ebushrow

ebushrow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the depth of this aesthetically, but how hard is it to reach the bottom if you need to? Also, how come you placed the overflow side on the exposed end instead of having it up against the wall? I've never seen a peninsula style tank before, so I don't know what all is on that end of the tank.
it is hard to reach the bottom! I am actually considering turning this into a FOWLR due to that. This tank was not supposed to be a penninsula tank (not what I ordered), but is just being used like a "normal tank" now....the reason the overflow is where it is, it took 5 people to lift the tank and position it where it is and I didn't have the heart to ask them to spin it 180 degrees.

Oberst Hajj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I'm in the planning stages of a large tank and was trying to decide on how tall to have it made. I've got a 24" tall tank now that I can reach the bottom of, but I figured a 36" would be our of reach... especially towards the back of the tank and around rocks. Maybe I should keep it under 28" tall as I'm thinking of going 30"-36" deep front to back.

MarylandTang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On that depth, you won’t want to go over 28” or you’ll be up to your shoulder in water. For a 24-30” depth, you could do 30” tall, but that is still very tall for maintenance.

There are tons of threads on tank height and most of them suggest avoiding heights over 30

Oberst Hajj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On that depth, you won’t want to go over 28” or you’ll be up to your shoulder in water. For a 24-30” depth, you could do 30” tall, but that is still very tall for maintenance.

There are tons of threads on tank height and most of them suggest avoiding heights over 30

Thanks, I'll search for some of those threads.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 51 42.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back