how to mount AI hydra 26 hd?

tracereefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2019
Messages
131
Reaction score
47
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just bought a used AI hydra 26 HD and this is the mount it came with. What are some ways that I could use this mount on my 25 lagoon?

C939C706-0362-4DC5-BACF-CE1B4435657A.jpeg 02DB7D2B-CDE2-4FB1-A1D8-145F3B1A489F.jpeg A792CEE3-9889-401E-9CE7-EE9756B89E01.jpeg
 
You dont have the bottom piece? If so you could attach it right to the back of that tank
 
probably could, but I dont see how it would look as clean as the AI option. The Hydra slides for positioning inside a channel of the bracket, and each piece of the bracket itself can slide for height up/down, and centering on tank forward/back. Very adaptable.

I'm currently waffeling on mounting two Hydra 36's over a 90g reef tank. Whether to use two of these freestanding brackets, or the setup with brackets on side and a long bar over the tank side to side.

The return on my 90g is offset to the left, and I think it falls about right where I'd want one of the brackets to be on the back, so I'll likely go with the long horizontal mount that spans the whole width of the tank. THe pricing of the two different approaches is identical.
 
not sure if you figured it out but thats teh red sea rl90 mount....not the AI Hydra mount
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new