How to post pics from Photobucket to R2R (updated 1-5-2012)

cparka23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wrote a simple, step-by-step tutorial last spring using Photobucket as an example, but it looks like Photobucket has changed their layout a bit since then. I figured that it's time for an update and that I would also offer a troubleshooting tip for those of us experiencing problems in getting the pics to display properly.

I am going to assume that you can create a Photobucket account and have figured out how to upload photos. (Alternatively, try imgur.com. It has a clean layout that I really like, and uploading photos is literally drag-and-drop. It's my new favorite.)

HOW TO POST PICS FROM PHOTOBUCKET
This is the layout of the album screen. Notice the last line underneath the photo that you want to share. If it is labelled IMG Code, then you're in good shape.

12.jpg

If your photo doesn't have "IMG code" showing, click the "Share" link.
23.jpg

Click "Get link code"...
32.jpg

And fill in the check box "IMG for bulletin boards & forums".
42.jpg

Now, go back to the album view. The pictures should all have a line called "IMG code."
53.jpg

Now, we're ready to post the picture to R2R. Just click on the box next to the label "IMG code" and copy the text in it. As you create your post on Reef2Reef, all you have to do is paste the text into the area where you are typing. It will look like this before you click the "Submit Reply" or "Post Quick Reply" button.
81.jpg

When you submit your post to the forum, everything between the square brackets will go away, leaving the photo in it's place.

Last edited by a moderator:

SmokeyCFH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
all you have to do is highlight the DIRECT LINK under the photo in thumbnail view then click on the "tree" icon above and paste it in...Good write up though.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you so much for this!!

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good write up.

I helped Brad fix his yesterday by having him create a new album without spaces. His pictures worked every time after that.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The percent sign issue has been fixed here on r2r so you can disregard that part of the original post...1smile1 still great info an might help on other sites if they have that plague...:)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bump for this great informative thread.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back