How to price it

BranchingHammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
I’m looking sell some zoas and palys, but I need some price recommendations for two of them.
First off is the captain jerk palythoa. I understand that they grow really fast, and I’m looking to get rid of a colony of around 15-20 polyps. I don’ know exactly how many polyps there are, but if someone could give me an approximate price per polyp that would be great! Picture for reference:
94F6F57A-FC23-4A11-ABEA-6E63A045F3AD.jpeg

Next up is my corona? zoas. I asked in the ID thread to identify them, and people seemed to come up with the name of corona zoanthids. Can someone try to confirm this ID? Also how should I price a two polyp frag of these? I think they are one of the most beautiful zoas that I’ve ever seen. Their skirt is a true yellow color, and the disc is also an amazing blue, with two spots of yellow around the mouth. I made an accidental frag off of my “frag/mini colony“, and I figured I would just sell it along with the captain jerks. Pictures for reference:
82878EE0-A5E4-4CBA-BE3F-FF0201897D8A.jpeg

1FB7EC9C-43FC-43B5-913D-0F3B4526F979.jpeg

OP
OP
BranchingHammer

BranchingHammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I was thinking, I don’t want to price gouge any other hobbyist. I am very grateful to other hobbyists that gave me good deals on corals, and I would like to pay that forward in the future. On zoanthids.com, a two polyp frag of corona zoanthids goes for 62 dollars. I’m thinking of pricing my frag at around $30. Does this sound reasonable? @footgal

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I was thinking, I don’t want to price gouge any other hobbyist. I am very grateful to other hobbyists that gave me good deals on corals, and I would like to pay that forward in the future. On zoanthids.com, a two polyp frag of corona zoanthids goes for 62 dollars. I’m thinking of pricing my frag at around $30. Does this sound reasonable? @footgal
Hi! My suggestion is to go to the Livestock Selling Forum and in the top right of the screen you’ll see a little search icon. Search for captain jerks and make sure you change the search range from “everywhere” to “this forum”. A whole bunch of posts should come up, I usually find 3-4 that are similar to the piece I’m trying to sell and take the average price. This way nobody can get upset :) I would do the same for the coronas

Personally, due to the nature of the zoas and price point, I wouldn’t try to sell them at a certain $ per polyp. I think you’ll be able to sell them better if you say $20 for the colony or something like that instead of trying to say $1 per polyp x about 20 polyps because buyers like it when sellers make it easy to understand how much something costs.

GLWS! They look like really healthy pieces so as long as you don’t price them significantly above market costs, you shouldn’t have too much of an issue selling them

Oscar47f

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah those are Coronas I have them as well, as previously mentioned look online the Coronas can be found on zoanthids.com I believe... as for price it would depends if you’re trying to do a per polyp or per frag 32$ isn’t unreasonable I usually take into account how long it took me to grow them and my personal supply as well as the online retail price, I am always under the retail

OP
OP
BranchingHammer

BranchingHammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone for your responses and advice for pricing! I appreciate you for helping me out with this. I might come back to this thread to ask for a bit more advice in the future, but for now that’s all.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back