How to Pronounce Thread

Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
Does this one sound like it is spelled?

acan lordhowensis

a-can lord-how-en-sis
 
Tunze is "Tun-zee." I met Roger Vitko once at a club meeting a few years ago, and that was the first question that anybody asked him during the Q&A.
 
I pronounce Chaeto as Chee-toe

Cheetos-DCC.jpg

:hammer:
 
How 'bout caulerpa (now that I'm looking at it, I don't think it's even spelled correctly).
 
One 'mo: Montipora palawanensis. I've got a big hunk of it but can't pronounce it.

Sorry, here's another one I've got: Anacropora puertogalarae.
 
One 'mo: Montipora palawanensis. I've got a big hunk of it but can't pronounce it.

Sorry, here's another one I've got: Anacropora puertogalarae.


LOL...both of these corals are named after places in the Philippines! got pics!?!? i was *this* close to scoring a m. palawenensis frag once.

Montipora palawanensis - "mon-ti-poor-ah pah-la-waan-en-sis"

(Palawan is a beautiful state in the Philippines...AWESOME reefs...snorkeled it once, need to go back and dive the hell out of it!!!)

Anacropora puertogalerae - "an-a-crow-poor-ah poo-erto-gal-er-ay"

Puerto Galera, another sweet spot in the Philippines

Zach
 
Patwa

Pat-wah
 
LOL...both of these corals are named after places in the Philippines! got pics!?!? i was *this* close to scoring a m. palawenensis frag once.

Montipora palawanensis - "mon-ti-poor-ah pah-la-waan-en-sis"

(Palawan is a beautiful state in the Philippines...AWESOME reefs...snorkeled it once, need to go back and dive the hell out of it!!!)

Anacropora puertogalerae - "an-a-crow-poor-ah poo-erto-gal-er-ay"

Puerto Galera, another sweet spot in the Philippines

Zach

Here's my palawanensis, tiny blue polyps:
palawanensis.jpg
 
conch is pronounced "konk," and although there is a fairly high probability that I am wrong, I think the "ch" in chaetomorph is similarly pronounced "k" instead of "ch."
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new