How to protect your corals.

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's no secret that one of the biggest threats to your corals is eachother. And while certain species are easy to contain or trim back, there are certain aggressive species (galaxea) that are encrusters and very hard to remove from the rockwork once they get going. And while some of you may already know this trick, here's my solution to keep galaxea away from anything else
20231014_123306.jpg

Put a small rock structure, on the sandbed and away from your main scape. That way these corals are unable to grow onto your main rockwork and sting everything else. This is for anyone else who is set on getting galaxea with other lps/sps. Works with any aggressive species.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It's no secret that one of the biggest threats to your corals is eachother. And while certain species are easy to contain or trim back, there are certain aggressive species (galaxea) that are encrusters and very hard to remove from the rockwork once they get going. And while some of you may already know this trick, here's my solution to keep galaxea away from anything else
20231014_123306.jpg

Put a small rock structure, on the sandbed and away from your main scape. That way these corals are unable to grow onto your main rockwork and sting everything else. This is for anyone else who is set on getting galaxea with other lps/sps. Works with any aggressive species.
Good write up. I'd just avoid putting murder galaxea in the tank to begin with. It doesn't want to make friends.

OP
OP
Reefkeepers Archive

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good write up. I'd just avoid putting murder galaxea in the tank to begin with. It doesn't want to make friends.
So true! Though me being me I couldn't turn down the offer, planning on keeping a pectinia on the same rock, see who comes out alive lol

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.2%
Back