How to quite return lines into sump?

  • Thread starter Thread starter puccie1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

puccie1

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 8, 2022
Messages
270
Reaction score
67
Location
Palm Beach County
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any ideas how I can quite down my return lines into my sump? It is so loud any ideas be appreciated . IMG_1229.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1230.mov
    14.7 MB
Mine is horrifically loud. Mine is due to a frankly rubbish return design that yours doesn’t seem to have. That said d the best thing I found was a silencer bought off of eBay for £4. Looks like a corkscrew and slows the return flow.
 
What type of drain do you have?

As said above make sure they are exiting under water.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new