How to raise Trachy off the sand bed?

Seven Year Nap

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 31, 2024
Messages
47
Reaction score
53
Location
Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20260622_235140_C8BE1603-A995-4011-9158-31C7814C4A7C.png


I have seen some people say to raise Trachys off the sand bed on PVC. How do you size the PVC pipe to the Trachy and how necessary is it? Does it just stay balanced?

I posted a picture of my new trachy, but I don’t have a filter or anything for nice photos. I’ll get one soon.

I see some mesenterial filaments around the outside edge, is this cause for concern? That is what is mostly prompting me to raise it off the sand.
 
If your LFS sells the sliced dry rock to use as base rock for an aquascape, you could see if you can find a small piece that could serve as a base for your trachy.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new