How to reduce flow in a 10 gallon

brpu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I own the 10 gallon innovative marine aio aquarium and it come with the mightyjet return pump. The problem is that the strength of the pump cant be turned down. They only thing that can be adjusted is the frequency of when it creates a wave simulation. Since it can be turned down theres too much flow for my coral and little hi fin goby. is there anything i can do to decrease the flow? I thought about putting a piece stocking in front of the nozzle but i dont want to break the pump entirely... what should i do

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I though the mighty jet was a DC controllable pump??? Does it have a controller? Give me a couple minutes and I'll edit in what I'm talking about.

Found it....controller for mighty jet pump:
Mighty-Jet-Pump-326-GPH-Desktop-Innovative-Marine-97.jpg

According to the website where I found this picture, there are 9 speed settings.

OP
OP
B

brpu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I though the mighty jet was a DC controllable pump??? Does it have a controller? Give me a couple minutes and I'll edit in what I'm talking about.

Found it....controller for mighty jet pump:
Mighty-Jet-Pump-326-GPH-Desktop-Innovative-Marine-97.jpg

According to the website where I found this picture, there are 9 speed settings.
yeah thats the controller, the problem is i can only adjust the speed of the waves, not the power, and the flow is too strong for my little 10 gallon

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Mighty Jet (on a new IM 20-gallon AIO) ‘broke’ and got stuck on speed 12 almost right away. But of course you could point your return nozzle(s) upward, not only will your tank have good oxygenation, but the flow inside will then be less direct. You can add pointing the nozzel(s) to one side, and placing your most sensitive corals to the other side of the tank.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out this video:

OP
OP
B

brpu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Mighty Jet (on a new IM 20-gallon AIO) ‘broke’ and got stuck on speed 12 almost right away. But of course you could point your return nozzle(s) upward, not only will your tank have good oxygenation, but the flow inside will then be less direct. You can add pointing the nozzel(s) to one side, and placing your most sensitive corals to the other side of the tank.
Thats a really good idea, ill try that and see how that goes

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 49 41.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 28.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back