Powerheards and flow for 60 gallon breeder

  • Thread starter Thread starter valley
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

valley

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 10, 2024
Messages
140
Reaction score
28
Location
New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I’ll be setting up a 60 gallon breeder tank soon. I’ll start the cycle off with just the rock, sand, heater, and flow. I’ll be adding lights and a sump with a overflow box shortly after my cycle finishes. I’m not sure how much flow I should aim for though. I want it to be an lps and softie tank with no sps. How much flow should I have? Which powerheads/wave makers and return pump should I buy?
 
I am all about the EcoTech. MP10s or MP40s would work well. And they have battery backup available for purchase
 
I run 2 x 2k icecap gyres on my 40 breeder, they would do well on your tank too
 
Thank you all for the help! Are the orbit 2 and 2k icecap gyre pretty much the same? I’ve already used ai products in the past and so I’m familiar with the app.
 
I use a combo of Aqua Illumination Nero 3s on one side and a Jebao gyre on the opposite in my 90. Nero 3 or Nero 5 would work well in your setup. Used them in my 60 that I had.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new