How to remove yellow watchman goby?

I took a small glass vase, cut the corners of a zip lock bag and sunk it into the vase. I rolled the sides over the top of the base and secured it down with one of my hair bands. I put the vase in the tank and let it just sit for a day so he could get used to it. Then I let the wrasse go hungry for about a day and only added food into the trap. If he wanted to eat, he was going to have to swim inside it. I sat and waited for him to swim in then quickly grabbed the vase out before he had a chance to figure out how to swim out of it.
06CED5D8-1F8C-4F65-9940-9B4B72768AEB.jpeg
What do you mean cut the corners of the ziploc?
 
What do you mean cut the corners of the ziploc?
I cut the ends off of the bag like this. This is so the fish can swim through. Then I put it in the vase and roll the top down and secure it with a hair band. The fish is able to swim through the hole but once inside the vase gets disoriented and can’t easily swim back out through the holes.
3CEC188A-25DE-49F5-B66C-8E732954001B.jpeg

E9C736D0-8835-408D-B5BF-936EEFE63BD3.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new