How to rescue fallen coral!

  • Thread starter Thread starter reef life
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

reef life

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 10, 2011
Messages
577
Reaction score
124
Location
South Fl
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Had a pink ******* chalice fall off my rack in the back of my 180 Gal tank near the top. I found it with a flashlight, It was laying upside down aprox 18 inches in the cracks of about 300 lbs of reef. I tried all the easy methods(Salad tongs, etc.) but could not reach. I was able to save coral by using my siphoning hose that I use for water changes. I turned off pumps and used hose as vacuum. Started siphon into my garbage cans(Use for water changes only)and sucked on to it and carefully retrieved it. I thought I would share this idea for anyone else who had frags fall into cracks. Thanks, Happy Thanksgiving.
 
Grand idea! Thanks for sharing! The same technique has saved me a few times, when my long grabbers couldn't get to the area.
 
I glue my expensive frags to rack with a dab of glue !! Was sick of losing them too the sandbed
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new