How to revive

jazreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really want to save this coral, it’s so slumped over . I moved its spot into less light but still looks bad. Any ideas?

image.jpg

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a nice soft coral. I usually don't worry about them much when they are new they can slump and take a few days or weeks or a month to perk up.

People are going to ask your parameters to try and advise you. Post those for better responses?

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

OP
OP
J

jazreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a nice soft coral. I usually don't worry about them much when they are new they can slump and take a few days or weeks or a month to perk up.

People are going to ask your parameters to try and advise you. Post those for better responses?

Welcome to Reef2Reef!
Thanks!! Ya I got it a little over a week ago. It’s just been slumped over and the buds at the ends haven’t opened at all. I’m worried it’s dying but not sure what to do. What type of parameters would people be asking for?

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like a cespitulinaria, it likes lower/medium light and medium/higher flow, make sure to give it enough flow.

OP
OP
J

jazreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like a cespitulinaria, it likes lower/medium light and medium/higher flow, make sure to give it enough flow.
I had put it in an area with higher flow but it almost looked like it was moving it around too much. Since it’s not really standing up right I wasn’t sure if that flow was causing more damage.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had put it in an area with higher flow but it almost looked like it was moving it around too much. Since it’s not really standing up right I wasn’t sure if that flow was causing more damage.
The flow should be random flow, best achieved by having 2 powerheads pointed at each other.

How new is your tank? They also like nutrients in the water, nitrate and phosphate.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The flow should be random flow, best achieved by having 2 powerheads pointed at each other.

How new is your tank? They also like nutrients in the water, nitrate and phosphate.
Yup, those parameters, nitrate, phosphate are proabably the most useful.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 1 3.7%
Back