How to save reefs in nature?

arman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you ever thought what would it be if the temp and ph pf the oceans change by the hands of human?
So what we can do to prevent it from happening as a man caring about nature(as we know nothing in this nature is created useless and our life depends on the nature life).
I thought it would be a good thing to discuss.

gunslingersgirl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm actually in the process of doing research for a speech I'm giving on this topic. From my understanding (and my ecology textbook), increased carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is slowly lowering the pH of our oceans. Global warming is the main culprit. We can blame ourselves for that...
The answer is investing in clean energy resources.

OP
OP
arman

arman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The global warming is something inevitable.
We as who concern about this matter have to do something in order to make sea species bear harder situations cause till the clean energy be used instead of fossil fuels we have a very long way.

SantaMonicaHelp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey arman! Thanks for good thread! The thing is we are part of nature and this earth going good without our "help". We always make mistakes like every-time in every deal... nature never make mistakes... Because anything good or bad for humanity is just pure action for nature. Our knowledge too small for global decisions.. we barely can handle with our tanks, businesses, fabrics, politics... ))))
But you what? We don't have to care about this))) Just feel good about your life and be happy making kind deals )))))

OP
OP
arman

arman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey arman! Thanks for good thread! The thing is we are part of nature and this earth going good without our "help". We always make mistakes like every-time in every deal... nature never make mistakes... Because anything good or bad for humanity is just pure action for nature. Our knowledge too small for global decisions.. we barely can handle with our tanks, businesses, fabrics, politics... ))))
But you what? We don't have to care about this))) Just feel good about your life and be happy making kind deals )))))
U mean we just be carefree and watch our world getting worse and sponge every thing up we see like(in our field)mass coral bleaching in the oceans ?
We have to understand that the world is not just today.
We not only have to care about ourselves,but also our children have the right to such a beautiful nature.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The whole global warming thing has become so political it is hard to decided who to believe. I tend to fall somewhere in the middle I guess. I'm going to have to side with SantaMonicaHelp on this one. There really isn't much you can do since this is a world problem. Until we find that economical source of clean fuel, society isn't going to change much.

gunslingersgirl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Opus, unfortunately I disagree with you. There is much we can do. I think one of the problems with the world is everyone believes they are powerless to enact change....if we all feel that way then we all do nothing. If we as individuals feel that the actions of one person can make a difference then perhaps, collectively, it will.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are assuming that this change will actually produce the desired effect, that what you are changing is what is the root of the problem.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read an interesting article that says we actually saved ourselves from going into a mini iceage. Of course the flip side is we are still warming.

OP
OP
arman

arman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for not being with u guys(kind of busy).
As i read above Opus i agree that just my concern wont change the world,but we have to pay attention every one of us just make this world and every government is made by us.
So we really should not underestimate ourselves.

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What scientists don't agree? Separate the politics from the science and there isn't really an argument about whats happening. How to fix it? Well, if everyone made some action to reduce their carbon footprint it would help. Government will have to regulate corporation and manufacturing outputs.. But on an individual level, you can buy clean energy, recycle, restrict meat intake, drive a hybrid/electric instead of a 6mpg guzzler.. There are many actions the individual can take to reduce their input to the rising gases, These individual actions can have a cumulative effect. We limit our beef intake, recycle, buy 100% wind power through our electric company.

I really hope anyone who says they don't have to worry about it doesn't have kids. Cause man, what a mess we are leaving them.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are plenty of science arguments out there. I've read several articles from scientist that claim the rise in temperature can partly be correlated to increase activity from the sun. Then there is the idea of an "average temperature". They are using satellites but then mashing this with "average temperatures" from when there were no satellites. Then there is the average temperature being measured from something like 3800 spots and most of those spots are located in the warmest areas of the world. Then there are scientific groups that say the " supposed" cooling off over the last few years didn't happen but refuse to publish their data.

I would like to see a fix that actually has a chance to work. It is nice to talk about people reducing their carbon output but I don't believe it is realistic, especially from a world standpoint. First you currently have the "cheap gas" pressure which is causing people to use more gas and buy less fuel efficient cars. I just read that Europe may be on the verge of pushing more toward gas cars vs diesel. Then there is the cost issue. It isn't cheap to go with alternate fuels. I had a coworker that was with a electric company that was 100% wind produced electricity and her per kilowatt price was more than double what normal produced electricity cost. Unfortunately I don't see habits changing unless something drastic happens or government (and I'm talking world and not just US) steps in and puts in some strict standards.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 71 44.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%
Back