how to save this goni

Scallopking

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked this beauty up at the store 2 weeks ago. You can't see the dead patch when extended. But there it was and it has also been getting bigger.

I don't know what to do. I really want to save this goni. Do i superglue around the outer edge so it doesn't expand anymore, I can't frag this without a wet saw I guess, right?

Any and all help is appreciated. I haven't fragged a baseball goni before. Thank you everyone for your help.

IMG_2181.jpg
IMG_2128.jpg

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your LFS has a wet saw (they probably do if they’re a saltwater store, not a Petco or something like that) ask them to frag it in half for you. They may charge $10 or so. Care for the goni as usual, some spot feeding definitely wouldn’t hurt. Best of luck!

OP
OP
S

Scallopking

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your LFS has a wet saw (they probably do if they’re a saltwater store, not a Petco or something like that) ask them to frag it in half for you. They may charge $10 or so. Care for the goni as usual, some spot feeding definitely wouldn’t hurt. Best of luck!

Thank you for your response. I'll try that. What Should I spot feed?

OP
OP
S

Scallopking

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it is. I notice the ALK was close to 7 and didn’t like that too much. I’m going to try the LFS tomorrow. I looked up the saw but it’s like $400. Really appreciate your help.

jesspal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After watching a few videos I heard Julian say like/need foods with manganese and iron. Something like goniopower or an alternative I think have this. Of course this is his product line so who knows how much is sales or reality. I started using it as a broadcast feed for all my corals because I recently purchased 3 aquacultured frags.

Afterburner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple of Goni's that seem to do fine without any special needs. I have feed them Reef Roids, but they don't seem to care about it much. I think it may be the Phyto that I dose that keeps them extremely happy. I dose over a liter a week of phyto (30ml 6 times a day) and they look great.

OP
OP
S

Scallopking

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple of Goni's that seem to do fine without any special needs. I have feed them Reef Roids, but they don't seem to care about it much. I think it may be the Phyto that I dose that keeps them extremely happy. I dose over a liter a week of phyto (30ml 6 times a day) and they look great.

what size thank do you have for that much Phyto? :)

Afterburner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 90G Corner tank with about 10G in the small sump and a custom tank I made as a display Fuge that is about 20G, so total is around 120G. I have a 2 liter soda bottle that I make around 1.5 liters of Phyto every 5 to 6 days. I dose the phyto from an old wine bottle cooler that has a 1 liter water bottle in it for the phyto, and a bubbler to keep the phyto suspended. It seems like I use less two part by dosing copious amounts of free phyto, and my corals seem to like it even though the experts say they don't use it. I have some filter feeders (worms, scallops, gorgonias, etc) that consume a portion of it also. I will include a picture of my tank and fuge.
I also have an 8G nano mixed reef that I experiment with. I tried pouring insane amounts of phyto in it for months with no detrimental effects. Now I just pour my extra in it when I remember too.
IMG_7933.jpg
62413397789__1CE94599-9CFF-4266-84DA-FB0600609A88.JPG
tempImage6aYf8R.png

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 52 34.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back