How to Ship SPS Corals

I was just having the air/no air discussion with a friend the other day. For SPS I like no air. Any reason you went to no air in bag?
 
Just because that’s what they said to do on the videos I watched when I was first learning 😂. I mean realistically it makes sense since bubbles and air will at the very least make them slime up which could foul the water, and if they get turned upside down I think it’s possible some air could get caught in the cup with the frag and if it stays like that too long could cause dieoff.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new