how to stop salt build up

  • Thread starter Thread starter jramosnyc1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Imo it’s part of the hobby. To minimize:

Increase ventilation (hard if it is a glass cover just above water level.

Check on your flow and where it breaks the surface of the water.

Keep your water level constant with an ATO (allows you to fine-tune the setup for your tank)
 
I'm waking up every other day to a dead fish tested the water and everything is fine what could it be
Somewhat out of phase with your thread title. If you want a detailed answer, please provide detailed background. How many fish over what period of time?

Also, if fish are dying during lights out, consider limited oxygen and higher carbon dioxide which should produce low pH.
 
I'm thinking there are more issues here than just salt creep
 
I'm thinking there are more issues here than just salt creep
 
I'm waking up every other day to a dead fish tested the water and everything is fine what could it be
What are you using to clean the salt off with to is the tank cycled to where are the fish coming from. Has any kind of quarantine process been done?
Maybe the OP should start a specific thread to deal with the dead fish issue first?
And pictures and a tank description ( filtration etc.)would help.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new