OP
OP
Redneck19261

Redneck19261

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting a healthy clam is very important and Dr. Mac with Pacific east knows about tridacna and has some of the best I've seen. IMO, don't let price persuade you in choosing a healthy tridacna.
Yea didnt expect there to be a $200 difference lol but I thought it was because of how colorful they was

sde1500

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn't look like any maximas are listed right now at PEA. I'd message them here and see whats up. Not sure what you mean by $200 price difference

OP
OP
Redneck19261

Redneck19261

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn't look like any maximas are listed right now at PEA. I'd message them here and see whats up. Not sure what you mean by $200 price difference
Sorry lol I was looking at a different one. But I'll check with them and see if they have some. Thanks

GrumpyAlison

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my limited experience with clams and some other reading I've done, it seems like the larger clams do better long term than the small ones in tanks, but I know people have done well with the lil ones. Personally, I had a little 2" clam shipped to me with some other coral and it arrived half dead/died within a day so I'm just really paranoid now.

If you're looking for a nice sized aquaculture clam and can wait to RAP, I saw a crap ton of them when I went in NY this year. If I ever decide to try clams again, I'm holding out for the show - good selection and I'm sure the clam wouldn't object to not being a dark box thrown around by the post people. Good luck either way!

tailoftwogobies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi y’all! i’m late to the clam party here but i picked one up at reef a palooza this weekend & what do i feed this little guy!? he’s in one of the most direct light spots in the tank too and he’s not in a direct water flow. thank you for any advice on clams!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back