How to test carx dkh???

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahahhhaa!! So im trying to rap my head around this... been researching and from what ive found when using salifert tests, you ise 2ml of effluent and 2 ml of rodi water... carry oit test the same way you would normally. A second or third full syringe is needed obviously because the potency of the effluent... so here is where im having trouble... you add the ammount of reagent your adding to sample, correct? So do you take note the ammount that is left in the syringe or do you count what has been used and multiply that number by 2? I know its probably a stupid question, but iys bothering me now... I wanna make sure Im getting correct reading. Ive been taking the test results as you would as doing it normally... so Im using 1 full syringe and then filling again and it gets down to the 3 so that would be a total of 13, correct? Multiplied by 2 would be 26 dkh... thats how I have been doing it and am just checking that is the correct way... thanks guys

OP
OP
PerplexyHexy

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone? Hahahahah... any method would help... Im not sure i am checking correctly...

Chuk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have the salifert kit so I can’t speak for that but the Red Sea kit I have 0.01 ml is 0.14 dkh. In that case where you would use 1 full syringe and left with 3 you would be at 1.7 ml or 23.8 dkh x 2 for your 50% dilution 47.6.
Substitute your salifert reagent to dkh ratio to get your real answer or you can dilute to something like a 4:1 and get a reading on 1 syringe.

OP
OP
PerplexyHexy

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just did the low resolution test on salifert... 2ml of effluent and 2 drops from small bottle then filled syringe and mixed... got 2.2 which equaled 12.1 on chart. Multiplied by 2 thats 24.2 dkh... so I think I did it right... so weird though... my carx is running 3 bubbles and 60 drips a min with an internal ph of 6.32 and tank alk holding at 8.0 dkh...

OP
OP
PerplexyHexy

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0e49e198aad6073d4e225ce7e9e779ec.jpg

OP
OP
PerplexyHexy

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I hooked up carbondoser tonight... other regulator was not consistent... so now I have a consistent bubble every 10 seconds 6 a min and 50 drips of effluent... starting all over again... i was maintaining ph with the apex and it was shutting the solenoid on/off according to ph and that was working well for about 3 days... holding 20 dkh effluent and 6.5ph in the reactor... but my alk in my tank was slowly dropping in tank from 8.0-7.75 hence the reason I switched over to the carbondoser... is it normal for ph in the reactor to be around 6.3? Its boggling my mind... im thinking next of hooking up kamoer parastalic pump to make things real bulletproof... and suggestions? I just cannot get this thing working properly... hahahahaha... been going on 2 weeks now... exhausted

OP
OP
PerplexyHexy

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a 35 gallon water change today and now the ph in the carx is going up to normal levels... 6.3 right now and climbing... weird... can someone explain this? Probably something very simple

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 24 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.9%
Back