How to thicken Nutramar Press On food

Schulks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a rainford's goby that ate today for the first time since I got him a month ago. I have been trying everything. The nutramar was too dry to stick to the glass originally. I tried again by storing it with a bunch of wet paper towels to thicken it up. It held up on the glass for about 10 minutes which was long enough for me to see him eating more than a few bites!!!
Now I just need it thicker so I can get more of it to him instead of the water. I am going to store some the same way for 24 hours and see if that thickens it up more

Is there another way I could thicken it without ruining the appeal?

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have a rainford's goby that ate today for the first time since I got him a month ago. I have been trying everything. The nutramar was too dry to stick to the glass originally. I tried again by storing it with a bunch of wet paper towels to thicken it up. It held up on the glass for about 10 minutes which was long enough for me to see him eating more than a few bites!!!
Now I just need it thicker so I can get more of it to him instead of the water. I am going to store some the same way for 24 hours and see if that thickens it up more

Is there another way I could thicken it without ruining the appeal?
Too wet and it falls apart. It is intended to be consumed in minutes in which it will fall apart after extended time.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 86 44.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 67 34.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 27 13.9%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%

Back