How to "turn down" my Tunze 2040 wavemaker

Steph1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, i have recently added a Tunze 2040 to my little 16 gal nano tank. My problem is that even on the lowest setting it is a tad too strong. I would like to reduce the effect of the wavemaker by at a guess 15%, 25%.
I have tried moving it around deflecting it off the glass, and different placements. It may work if I re-aquascape my tank and totally re-configer it...........but no, I have been through a tough time putting the tank together and getting it to where it is now. Cant do it again
Does anyone know how I could lower the power of my wavemaker preferably with electrickery? It may be nieve but could I use a less powerfull tranformer?

Last edited:

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, i have recently added a Tunze 2040 to my little 16 gal nano tank. My problem is that even on the lowest setting it is a tad too strong. I would like to reduce the effect of the wavemaker by at a guess 15%, 25%.
I have tried moving it around deflecting it off the glass, and different placements. It may work if I re-aquascape my tank and totally re-configer it...........but no, I have been through a tough time putting the tank together and getting it to where it is now. Cant do it again
Does anyone know how I could lower the power of my wavemaker preferably with electrickery? It may be nieve but could I use a less powerfull tranformer?
Maybe an anemone guard would constrict flow a tad, depending on the kind.

OP
OP
S

Steph1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks WIReefer, there is no specific anemone guard my wavemaker so I will look for some DYI solution. But a good mechanical solution:)

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 48 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back