How to use Dr gs Dip

duke62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought this dip after hearing good reviews on it. Only thing I dont understand is it is showing I’m guessing how to use the dip in a large dipping container. I don’t usually buy many sps in large numbers. 1 or 2 at a time. Seems like a waste to make up a gallon of dip for 1 or 2 corals. Anyone use this in small increments? And do you do what the bottle says and leave it in the solution for 6 hours? Seems like I would want to use individual frag bags and float them in the tank for the 6 hours.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  • Prefer to use Bayer and then Coral RX, or Lugol's if there is some damage to the tissue. But of course your mileage may vary ;)

OP
OP
duke62

duke62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand but wanted to try this product. It says will no longer need a QT for corals. It’s a 6 hour long dip. So anyone with knowledge of it is what I’m looking for :)

Ultra Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have used it for in tank treatments of red bugs. Never used it as an actual dip though.

6 hours seems like an awfully long time to leave a coral in a container...

pga7602

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand but wanted to try this product. It says will no longer need a QT for corals. It’s a 6 hour long dip. So anyone with knowledge of it is what I’m looking for :)
No qt? How do they get around the problem of pest eggs? Like aefw eggs?

tankstudy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use this dip pretty much as my main dip.

For smaller usage I just generally pour a few capfuls a bag, it depends on how much water is in there. You can leave it in there far longer than the recommended time and be okay but I'd recommend to just sticking to the six hours.

The product is milbemycin oxime mixed in to a liquid. People have been using this to treat red bugs in their tank but it is also a powerful dip. I've even dumped it directly in to my systems.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dipping the QT are not the same thing. One is not a substitute for another. Dipping is better than nothing, but will never be as good as dipping and QT.

6 hours cannot even do what QT does. Red bugs, flatworms, etc. can all survive a 24 treatment and can need second or third doses on occasion. I have no idea if it is a good dip, or not, but Bayer will kill all of those things too and I would not trust it alone.

OP
OP
duke62

duke62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use this dip pretty much as my main dip.

For smaller usage I just generally pour a few capfuls a bag, it depends on how much water is in there. You can leave it in there far longer than the recommended time and be okay but I'd recommend to just sticking to the six hours.

The product is milbemycin oxime mixed in to a liquid. People have been using this to treat red bugs in their tank but it is also a powerful dip. I've even dumped it directly in to my systems.
So you have dipped acros for the 6 hours and they were fine?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back